Mass Communication and Journalism is a two years post graduate program by Savitribai Phule Pune University which harnesses the power of communication through advance learning, research and innovation, primarily in journalism, communication and knowledge management. The professional media education emphasizes on the values which in turn are linked to our culture. The program is delivered with a flexible, innovative, experiential pedagogy which encourages professional responsibility and the personal bond between a teacher and student is respected and nourished. Mass communication is the activity of dispersing news whereas journalism is concerned with the collection and dissemination of news through print media as well as electronic media. It covers various areas of work like reporting, writing, editing, photographing, broadcasting, or cable casting news items. It also includes investigating, analyzing, and reporting local as well as world events, trends, current affairs, and so on.
A degree in M. A. Mass Communication and Journalism helps to enhance career prospective in the fields such as communications, marketing, education, and entertainment.
There is an ever-increasing scope for aspirants in the field of and Mass Communication and Journalism. Considering the growing popularity of mass communication mediums, its scope in India is wide. There are opportunities to work with some of the best publishing houses, production houses, news channels, radio channels, or PR firms of the country as a Journalist, Digital Marketing Expert, Social Media Executive, Radio jockey (RJ), Content Creator/ Developer, Public Relations Professional, Event Manager etc.
- To make the students aware about conventional as well as contemporary areas in the discipline of mass communication and journalism.
- To train well rounded journalists and mass media professionals with requisite technical and content-generation skills.
- To explore creative, innovative skills in the field of designing, animation, multimedia and advertisement.
- To create awareness about global scenario in the fields of mass communication and journalism.
- To develop professional skills required to be employable.
- Indoor activities in studio with expert delegates.
- Industry visits and interactions.
- Outdoor projects.
- 100% Placement assistance.
- Internship opportunities from the first year.
|PROGRAM NAME||SANCTIONED INTAKE|
|M. A. (MCJ)||60|