BCom or bachelor of commerce is a three-year UG degree study. It is one of the most popular courses among class 12 graduates with a commerce background. In fact, according to AISHE data, B.Com is the third most requested program in India after class 12, with about 9.33 lakh enrolments. There are over 17 top colleges in Pune for commerce from which students can receive a BCom degree.
Why choose Top Colleges in Pune for Commerce?
The BCom program offered by colleges in Pune is structured into six semesters. Students enrolled in the course complete modules on several essential areas of commerce, including Financial Accounting, Economics, Business Laws, Taxation, Auditing, and Cost Accounting. With a BCom degree, one can pursue a profession in industries such as Finance, Accounting, Banking, Insurance, and so on.
In addition to BCom, individuals can study BCom (Honors) to gain in-depth knowledge in the commerce field. The honors course is intended to provide expertise in specialized disciplines, whereas the general BCom course focuses on an overview of all courses within the commerce stream. Aside from BCom or BCom Hons, some colleges offer combined B.Com degrees; BCom LLB, BCom MBA, and BCom CMA are just a few examples.
Salary of a BCom graduate?
On graduating from one of the top colleges in Pune for commerce, a graduate's beginning pay is INR 3 LPA or 6 LPAon an average. However, the student can earn up to INR 20 LPA depending on the job profile and company they are placed in.
● The job profiles of a BCom graduate
○ Chartered Financial Analyst
○ Business Accounting and Taxation
○ Financial Risk Manager
○ Company Secretary
○ Certified Management Accountant
What else can you do with a BCom degree?
Following the completion of a BCom course from a recognized institute, one can pursue studies in Teaching, Advertising, Journalism, Mass Communication, Design, Law, and other fields.
Which is the best BCom college in Pune?
Maharashtra Institute of Technology- Arts, Commerce and Science College (MIT ACSC), affiliated with Savitribai Phule Pune University, is the best college for BCom in Pune.
Students receive several benefits in MIT ACSC, including a curriculum with a unique combination of Science and Spirituality, resulting in character-building so that they can change the world.
The objectives of the BCom course are as follows:
● To provide eager pupils with a basic knowledge of commercial disciplines.
● Prepare students to capitalize on new business prospects and assist them in developing successful abilities.
● To assist pupils in developing relevant talents and instilling entrepreneurship skills to be capable of dealing with any issue.
Eligibility criteria for the BCom course:
● Passed the higher secondary school certificate (10+02) or its equivalent English examination.
● Or completed a three-year diploma course (after S.S.C., i.e. 10th Standard) of the Board of Technical Education conducted by the Government of Maharashtra or its equivalent is required.
● Or passed the MCVC (Minimum Competency Vocational Course Government of Maharashtra).
If you are eligible, hurry and apply to the BCom course at MIT ACSC to obtain the many benefits it offers, which you can learn more about here.