Membership: - All students, faculty members, visiting faculty and other employees of the institute are entitled to avail membership of the library. Document required for availing the library facility:-Fee Receipt, Two stamp size photographs. Library Membership will be granted within 4 working days after submitting the form. Membership validity: 1 year Library Membership is nontransferable
|Sr. No.||Category||Number of books||Loan Period|
|1||Teaching Faculty||07||15 days|
|2||Technical & Lab Assistant||03||15 days|
|3||Visiting Faculty||02||15 days|
|4||UG Students||05||15 days|
|5||PG Students||06||15 days|
|Book Bank Books Category|
|6||SC, ST, category students eligible for getting book bank||06||One semester|
The other detailed information & application forms are available at the circulation counter, and you can download the form, from the website www.mitacsc.ac.in. For availing the library facility, students must show their fee receipt at the circulation counter and should submit a duly filled membership form with two stamp size photographs. Library Membership will be granted to within 2 working days after submitting the form. Student must also communicate to the library in case of any change in address, course and mobile number during the period of their membership. Membership will be valid only for one academic year. They must renew their membership every year. Library membership is not transferable.
- Borrowing Rules for Home Lending books: - Borrowing of books is allowed only to the registered library members. Readers can borrow books from text books and general book section Books are issued to all eligible members as per their Borrowing privilege between 8.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. only. Books in the stack section are arranged as per the Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme. The access to books is through open access. The borrowing of books can be done against the library card only. Readers must check the books before issuing, in case any book is damaged, it should be brought to the notice of the circulation staff; else the borrower will be held responsible for the same . Books may be renewed if the same are not in demand or not reserved .The renewal will be done only if the book is physically presented.
- Borrowing Rules for Reference material: - Reference books, bound and loose issues of journals, periodicals, Old question papers, CD-ROMs, and other reference material will not be issued out of the library premises to anyone. Readers can refer to reference books against I-card, only within the library.
- Damaged books: - Damaged books will not be accepted from the borrowers when they return the same, it should be replaced with the latest edition of the same. Users have to
Pay binding charges for minor damage. If a reader does not return book or other library material within the prescribed time his/her name will be included in the Defaulter’s list which will be displayed at the beginning of the every month also the membership will be cancelled until he/she clears the dues.
Rules for using e-library:-
- The Internet facility is provided to the registered users of the Library only. Outsiders will not be allowed to use this facility.
- Computers in the library are meant for browsing library databases and to access e-resources only. Use of these computers for social networking or entertainment is prohibited.
- Users should produce the Identity Card at the Reference counter and collect the same after browsing. Users should enter the name and other details in the register before browsing the e-resources. Maximum time for browsing is restricted to one hour only when, the number of users is more than five.
- Users are advised to make use of this facility only to support their academic and research activities.
- It is our collective responsibility, as far as the safety of the systems is concerned. Any misuse of the systems should be brought to notice of the Librarian.
- All the computers are equipped with the Electronic Surveillance Software to detect the Internet sites visited and searched by each user.
- Librarian reserves the right to stop extending this facility to a person found misusing,
- E-mail and chatting on the Net is prohibited.
No Dues:-A member must return all the library books and other materials borrowed by him/her and clear all library dues before demanding for a no dues clearance certificate